Thursday, March 10, 2011

Apple iPod Earbuds


Name: Apple iPod earbuds
Price: $29 MSRP, $26 on Amazon, I paid nothing due to it being bundled with my iPod/iPhone
Build Quality: To be honest, the build quality varies a lot. I’ve seen a pair that’s been through hell since 2007 and still works fine. Yet they break every 1-2 months for most people I know. The quality control of these earbuds is horrible though.
Overall Sound Quality: Pretty bad. I don’t think people can hear the difference between 128kbps, 64 kbps, or 256 kbps. When tested through classical songs, I couldn’t hear individual instruments at all, for electronica/club/dance music everything seems muddy, like radio.
Highs: Horrible, just dies out when hitting the highs, and flats out. Mine actually cracked a little bit when trying to get that high. 1/10
Mids: Not that bad, in comparison to the lows and the highs, it.. well plays music. 2/10
Lows: Nonexistant. I’ve tried songs with heavy bass, low bass, and they all sound the same. It… just can’t play out any bass.  0.5/10
Comments: That quote on Dr. Dre beats box, “People aren’t hearing all the music”, is definitely true. While walking around campus, I see everyone wearing the iconic white earbuds and I feel like I’m walking past a pasture, where those who have those iconic earbuds are sheep grazing through because they don’t know any better.
Value: 0/10. No really. $30 for this piece of shit? Unless you purposely like listening to crappy sound quality music, or are really into design, I can’t think of a reason to buy these earbuds.
Overall Rating: 0.25/10. To be fair, their design allows better fit for those with smaller ears (me included) compare to the other cheap earbuds, but unless they’re for backup, I wouldn’t touch them with a stick. I guess if they’re only around $1 a pair, then I’d use them for disposable earbuds during the gym or when I know I’m going to kill them anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment