Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sennheiser CX-300 II Precision Enhanced Bass Earbuds


Name: Sennheiser CX-300 II Precision Enhanced Bass Earbuds
Price: $79.95 MSRP, $31.03 on Amazon, $22.89 paid because of a $10 rebate
Build Quality: Originally I thought they weren't that good as the plastic seems kind of flimsy. However, these are my gym earbuds, and after all the shit they’ve been through, I gotta say they’re pretty damn good.
Overall Sound Quality: Damn. I wish I could say these were better, but I should have known they would be super bass heavy from the name. Compare to the original CX-300, these are a lot less balanced.
Highs: Not so good. I mean, they’re still pretty good, but for a sub-budget IEM, the highs are lacking. 3/10
Mids: The mids are great. Everything seems either balanced or heavy in bass through these earbuds and definitely the projection of mids is super clean. 4/10
Lows: Godly. These lows are comparable to Beats Tours and other bass heavy earbuds. They’re one of my most bass heaviest headphones and anyone who likes heavy bass will love this earbud. 6/10
Comments: I hate the sports one ear short the other ear superlong wiring layout. I’m always used to the Y cable layout, and having a sports layout frustrates me, especially in wrapping it. Also, although the build quality is pretty high, having a rubbery wire for a decent priced headphone bugs me.
Value: 4/10 Sadly, the price for these earbuds are way too high in comparison to others of similar quality. However, as a bass lover, these earbuds are the perfect price. If they were always sold for amazon price, then these earbuds are a great value.
Overall Rating: 3.5/10 These earbuds are made for bass lovers, and those in that demographic buying these earbuds will not be disappointed by their purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment